- Full Time
Tesla is seeking an ambitious Associate EHS Specialist to support the Fremont Factory. They will use human and organizational principles to drive ownership of safety, health and environmental impacts, with a focus on engagement, learning from events, training, and a systems-level problem solving.
The candidate will develop, implement and continuously improve programs within the EHS Management System framework in partnership with the broader EHS and Gigafactory Infrastructure teams. They will ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations, and conformance to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health or related field.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as an environmental, health or safety professional, preferably in a manufacturing, oil & gas, construction, or similar workplace.
- Experience supporting EHS program development, training all levels of personnel, and influencing/managing change to reduce risk and improve outcomes.
- Experience with hazard analysis methods, hazard communication, powered industrial vehicle safety, OSHA compliance, incident investigation and learnings, and corrective action management.
- Familiarity with industrial hygiene, industrial ergonomics, machine safety, environmental compliance processes.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing competing demands and deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Work, Power Point, Project, etc.).