The Dimensional Engineer will work with Production Teams and report to the Dimensional Engineering Manager for BIW, Cybertruck. Working closely with Sustaining Engineering to understand, help define and ensure lines are following body accuracy, fit, gap and craftmanship specs. From these Key indicators drive actions back to body lines.
- BA/BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- 3-5 years of experience in quality, metrology, or design engineering
- Understanding of GD&T and ability to create datum strategies that minimize tolerance stack-up in critical areas
- Strong mechanical intuition and extensive hands-on experience modifying tooling, fixtures, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret and edit mechanical drawings
- Experienced with CAD design software – CATIA is highly preferred
- Experienced using measurement tools for root cause diagnostics (Faro arm, CMM, 3D scanner, Polyworks, laser tracker, Romer, Checking Fixtures, etc.)
- Understanding statistics to identify critical process parameters