Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla’s incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is looking to hire an experienced Desktop Support Technician to join our team in Berlin, Germany. Troubleshoot and work on a wide range of queries and incidents from our Giga Factory Berlin. This position will be on the front lines of Tesla Motors’ IT systems support. IT Desktop Technicians will be the face of IT for internal customers. The primary task of this position will be to troubleshoot and resolve endpoint issues, install and support the systems, and assist with the day-to-day operations for Tesla’s global IT infrastructure to provide for the growth of Tesla’s initiatives. These duties will be performed in compliance with policy guidelines and within timeframes as defined in the team’s SLAs and/or project requirements.
- Provide day-to-day delivery and technical support for end-users of desktop applications, VOIP telephones, smartphones, tablets, printers and computer hardware.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties including company management and outside business associates.
- Exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelinesstandards.
- Organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes.
- Maintain updated knowledge of policies, procedures, products, and activities of assigned area.
- Occasionally work weekends, after hours, periodic on-call rotations, and travel within EMEA up to 10%.
- Requires equivalent training/education in Computer Science
- Requires 4+ years of experience in desktop support.
- Candidate must have 2 year of experience supporting international and or global organizations.
- Must have experience working with ticket-based systems for registering incidents and requests.
- Mobile device support for iOS and Android.
- Desktop Support experience with MS Windows 7 – 10 Enterprise, MS Office 2016 – 365, and Apple OS X
- Experience in provisioning & support with Avaya VOIP hardware/software, or Equivalent VOIP ecosystem
- Knowledge of IP networks, DNS, DHCP, and experience with troubleshooting all aspects of wired and wireless configurations.
- Experience with MS SCCM, or equivalent computer imaging.
- Experience in Active Directory, Exchange 2007 – 2013 and Windows server environments.
- Strong personal integrity and has the highest ethical standards.
- Experience in US multi-national corporate setting a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Stress tolerance.
- Able to thrive in a Dynamic and Innovative environment.
- Prior experience in site setup is preferred.
- Travel to and from Tesla offices both domestically and internationally required.
- German speaking a plus.
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world’s most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.
Application for this role needs to be done in English!