- Full Time
The Supercharger Design Manager role entails active program coordination of all deployment phases of Tesla’s Supercharger projects, including construction feasibility diligence, layout and design, utility design and easements, permitting, construction, site commissioning, and closeout. The ideal candidate has relevant hands-on experience managing infrastructure projects (up to thirty projects at one time across multiple states/provinces) and demonstrates a bias to action, logical problem solving, and mastery of a project’s tactical details. Finally, s/he brings high energy and an optimistic approach to fully completing projects in a swift and quality manner.
- Minimum 3 years project management, site acquisition, and/or site development experience. Prior work in telecom/solar/retail development as a project manager or site acquisition manager is valuable.
- Ability to travel (50%) required. This is not an exaggeration.
- Established record of accomplishment managing and delivering multiple simultaneous projects ahead of schedule while adhering to the highest quality and standards.
- Advanced knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting processes.
- Working knowledge of power integration and utility design processes.
- Skilled in reading, understanding and redlining zoning and construction drawings, including utility designs and power distribution details. Accountable to cost implications of construction design options and able to make cost-efficiency recommendations.
- Aptitude in communicating and building relationships with property owners, local jurisdictions, utility companies and other stakeholders throughout the project cycle.
- Ability to function autonomously, working independent of a support staff, without formal requirements documentation, in a fast-paced environment; ability to manage changing priorities.
- Entrepreneurial approach to accomplishing tasks with far fewer resources than a big company would have.
- Self-starter approach to challenging the status quo; innovative ideas that improve our: designs, processes, assemblies, costs, or the company as a whole.
- Ability to identify the critical path issues and institute remedies that shorten that critical path.