The Data and Analytics, Applications Engineering team drives business critical decision making, and ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution for all of Tesla. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations and build capabilities to power hyper-growth.
As the Data Engineer, you will partner with members of the Data and Analytics team and its leadership in Applications Engineering to provide critical analysis operations to support our demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on critical subsystems of an incredibly exciting product.
The candidate must be comfortable with data warehousing and ETL concepts with a strong hand on SQL & Python. To be successful in this role, you will need strong data engineering skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and experience building, optimizing and managing ETL Pipelines.
· 5+ years of prior experience Data Engineer.
· Must be proficient in SQL, Python. Automate repetitive personal tasks through Python and SQL
· Experience with Tableau or any visualization tool, Data Warehousing, Data Modeling
· Strong experience with relational databases like SQL Server, MySQL and Vertica. NoSQL databases experience is a plus
· Experience with user-defined workflows (e.g., Airflow)
· Experience with writing Kafka consumers and producers.
· Experience Apache Spark Streaming and Hive is plus.
· Problem solver that is action-oriented with the ability to look at problems in new ways.
· Working knowledge of data management software like Airflow, or other ETL tools a plus.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving ability to design an effective solution.
· Ability to support multiple on-going projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong communicational skills, organizational skills, negotiation skills, and flexibility to address competing demands.
· Ability to explain Production / technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
· Superior business judgement – ability to flex between big picture thinking, understand and distill complex ideas, and analyze data to drive strategic objectives.
· Passion for Tesla’s products and belief in Tesla’s mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy
Experience with bug/enhancement tracking system like JIRA a plus.