Tesla is seeking a Cost Controls Manager with relevant construction experience to support the buildout of Tesla’s facilities and infrastructure. This position will be directly responsible for working on cost management, cost analysis, cost reporting and benchmarking throughout the various project stages. In addition, this role will support the change management and risk management process for design and construction.
• Cost Control Management: Support the development and implementation of cost management programs for construction projects, including approved budget, total commitments, cost incurred and invoiced costs. Work closely with project team to forecast project costs during project execution.
• Change Management/Cost Forecasting: Support the Change Management process to ensure accurate cost projection for each project.
• Cost Communication: Manage program teams to produce dashboards to communicate cost performance across teams.
• Cost Analysis & tracking: Perform trend analysis and actively evaluate project cost performance to identify potential risk areas and validate forecast.
• Reporting: Maintain cost tools and reports to communicate project cost metrics and performance with the project team and senior managers so they can make data-based decisions.
• Risk Assessment: Work with key stakeholders to identify project risks and track them.
• Benchmarking: Track historical cost to help develop up to date benchmarking data for estimating.
• Other work as needed in support of successful project delivery.
• 8+ years of experience in Construction Project management experience including Project Controls: preferably in industrial construction, manufacturing construction, and/or high-tech industries
• MBA/Finance Degree a bonus
• Have an innovative approach to the work for better efficiency.
• Open-minded, collaborative, and team-oriented attitude.
• Ability to work with a lot of data and present it in a meaningful way.
• Capacity to work within a high-performance, cross-functional and fast changing organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals
• Understanding of construction means and methods in the civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing disciplines
• Knowledge of construction estimating and scheduling.
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• The ability to work SQL is preferred.
• Software systems and packages including Aconex, Microsoft Power BI, P6, Bluebeam, CAD, and other construction packages
• Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
• Demonstrated problem solving ability in cross-functional environment.
• Strong work ethic