- Full Time
The Controls Quality Engineer will be part of the Giga Texas Controls Design team. Candidate will work to improve design quality, standardize controls deliverables, improve project workflow and implement processes to optimize team’s performance. They will augment the existing design standards, identify best practices and update discipline deliverables with the help of design engineers. For every new design, they will be responsible for creating a robust checking process that is tailored to the project needs.
The Controls Quality Engineer will review older designs to provide updated technical drawings, datasheets and other project deliverables. The Controls Quality Engineer will also work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire life cycle of the projects to identify dependencies and create a pathway to meet project needs and deadlines. They will work closely with Construction teams, Commissioning teams and Facilities Engineers to identify ways to create a seamless transition from Design to Construction and handoff to Operations.
• BS/MS Electrical Engineering (or equivalent – Majors in:, Controls and Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic Engineering, Automation Engineering, , Software Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
• 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Controls Engineer or Applications Engineer working on automation and/or electromechanical systems.
• PLCs (Allen Bradley ControlLogix, Siemens TIA Portal, or Beckhoff TwinCAT); Safety PLCs (Allen Bradley ControlLogix, SIMATIC Safety Integrated, or Beckhoff TwinSAFE)
• Human Machine Interface (HMI / GUI – Ignition, Studio 5000 View Designer, SIMATIC WinCC (TIA Portal), or TwinCAT HMI)
• Proficiency with process integration and electromechanical / mechatronic systems
• Familiarity with Cartesian, SCARA and Articulated robots is highly desired (Fanuc, Kuka, Motoman, Epson)
• In depth knowledge of Electrical Standards (NFPA79, National Electric code, UL508A) and in depth knowledge of Safety standards (ANSI/RIA15.06, OSHA)
• Proficiency selecting appropriate circuit protectors, wire and cable, sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O, VFD and servo systems