A Construction Technician at Tesla will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects and tasks. A well-qualified applicant will have experience in many aspects of carpentry and will not hesitate to learn new aspects of carpentry. You will also be asked to train new employees and work alongside other trades to complete projects.
- Complete concrete form work and finishing, steel stud framing, drywall and finishing, plans reading, comprehension and layout, blocking and backing, temporary partitions, temporary stairs and temporary handrails.
- Produce parts lists and work plans based off drawings or field walks
- Produce as-built drawing for work performed
- Complete job scopes outside of normal core competencies as required
- Lead the execution of small construction projects
- Communicate schedule estimates, progress and impacts
- Operating scissor lifts, boom lifts and forklifts
- 1-5 years verifiable carpentry/construction experience
- The ability to read and understand drawings and specifications as well as to contribute to creating as-built drawings
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety with ability to thoroughly evaluate job hazards and complete pre-work task planning with an emphases on identifying hazards
- Ability to work in high elevation up to 80 ft. high
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with all levels of management; must have high degree of initiative, and the ability to work alone and effectively with other people
- Extensive knowledge in using hand and power tools
- The ability to think outside the box and find innovative solutions
- Willingness to travel