The Licensed Electrician, Service is part of Tesla’s Energy Field Operations team. As a skilled member of the team, the Licensed Electrician will help lead the maintenance of commercial PV solar systems, Solar Roof, battery storage, and EV wall connectors. The ideal candidate will provide electrical expertise that will contribute to the overall success of servicing Tesla’s energy products. All necessary training, tools and equipment will be provided, including a company vehicle for some positions.
Valid State Journeyman License required with knowledge in safety standards set by NEC and NFPA70E. Minimum of 2+ years of Electrician journeyman level or higher experience in industrial, military or commercial settings. Experience in handling low to high voltage up to 480 VAC and 1000VDC. Experience in Fiber optic cable terminations, medium voltage, utility scale work and PV experience preferred. Osha 30 hours – CPR-first aid required. Ability to use trade tools, meters, technology and all other necessary equipment to complete the job. Ability to lift and pull a minimum of 50 lbs. Capable of working at heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders and stairs; and performing repetitious duties, including lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time while wearing a 25 lbs. tool belt. Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.)
· Must be able to work at great heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
· Must be able to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.)
· Prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods
· Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently
· Must meet all OSHA standards for working at heights including:
· Ability to climb and utilize equipment on site including various ladders rated for a maximum capacity of 325lbs.
· Must be able to meet equipment standards for fall protection (harness, anchor, ropes, etc.) with a maximum capacity of 310bs.