- The Tesla Collision Program is now accepting expressions of interest for an energetic professional with a proven track record of managing people and processes to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. As the Collision Repair Manager, you will be responsible for managing the work flow and production work force at our OEM owned body repair centre which, is likely to open in Q1, 2023.
This position requires a strong understanding of body shop business processes and operations, as well as the willingness to adapt to and excel in a dynamic business environment. You must be a strong tactical problem solver who can work in a fast-paced environment, capable of multi-tasking, and effectively leading a team to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Professional experience: 5-8 years of experience in management within the collision industry preferred or relevant work experience managing in manufacturing, automotive, or customer service industries.
- Leadership experience: Experience leading teams and managing a diverse group of roles and responsibilities. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, or relevant Certificate from Vocational School in Collision Repair.
- Process / operations experience: strong and proven experience leading field, technical repair in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment with strong customer facing responsibilities.
- Solution oriented, demonstrating a high ability to identify root cause of problems and develop solutions
- Must be comfortable working in a collision shop environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence team to achieve business targets
- Capable of self-managing and working independently in limited supervision environments
- Capable of reading and comprehending automotive repair procedures
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the collision repair of vehicles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to follow instructions.