The Cell Development team is responsible for validating battery cells, qualifying second source supplier parts, as well as developing tailor-made recycling processes for batteries produced at the Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg.
As Battery Recycling Intern you get the chance to have a real impact on increasing the sustainability of future batteries. During the internship you will develop, build, and test processes within the mechanical recycling field. Tasks range from proof of concept over equipment definition to parameter studies. You would work closely with the cell and battery design and production teams to ensure the developed process is meeting the product and recycling requirements.
- Fluency in English, German is a plus.
- Preferably studies in the field of material/mineral engineering, process engineering or similar.
- Experience with driving a project from start to end.
- Familiar with battery systems or cells is a plus.
- Proactive and can-do attitude.
- Analytical mindset.
- A burning desire to work for the most innovative company on the planet and to change the foreseeable future of both the automotive and energy industries.