Tesla is committed to hiring and developing diverse talent in all disciplines. This position will collaborate with multiple teams across Tesla to develop, optimize, and characterize electrolyte formulation for various up-and-coming materials to improve cell performance. Our team is looking for a highly motivated candidate to contribute to our electrolyte development. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the elaboration of cell test plans to characterize cell performance, lifetime behavior, scalability, and overall integration of best-in-class electrolyte formulation for all cell technologies. Tesla is searching for a team focused candidate with strong electrochemical background and strong communication skills who wants to be challenged, wants to create and innovate, will thrive in a fast-paced environment and is self-motivated and disciplined.
- University degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science, or equivalent major
- Familiar with electrochemistry, degradation mechanisms of batteries, and battery materials
- Experience with battery cyclers
- Proficient with MATLAB, Python, and/or similar data analysis tool
- Familiar with chemical analysis techniques for battery materials
- Ability to learn new concepts and methods from literature, propose design of experiments, and execute independently