Tesla is looking for an individual experienced with Bondheads rebuild and calibration and Mechanical/electrical troubleshooting processes to contribute to the Central Tooling Management Team at Gigafactory Nevada. As a Calibration/Bondheads rebuild Technician, you will be responsible for performing and supporting the daily operation of the Torque Tools calibration as well and supporting the maintenance and production teams where cell bonders are used for Tesla’s Gigafactory in Nevada, Texas. In this role, you will be providing support to the Battery/Module Production teams.
- Associate’s degree in Mechanical or Electronic or some technical certificate is a plus.
- Experience with torque application tools and repair is a plus
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team-oriented work environment
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Skilled at troubleshooting electrical, mechanical.
- PMEL Training a plus.
- Prior Calibration/Metrology experiences
- Skilled at troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Experienced calibrating HiPot testers, leak testers, resistance meters, and ground bond testers to industry standards.
- Skilled at conducting test equipment repairs.
- Experience maintaining calibration equipment and supplies.
- Documenting calibration results and equipment failures.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot down to the component level
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc).
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Availability for occasional off-hours calls.