At Tesla, we design the world’s most advanced EVs. We are seeking a highly skilled, motivated, and efficient CAD Engineer to be part of the Dimensional Engineering Team. The successful candidate will support the creation and management of critical measurement point data, and the design and development of checking fixtures. These activities play a vital role in the delivery of high-quality products.
The successful candidate will have the drive and commitment to meet tight deadlines, strong communication skills, be detail oriented, and be able to work independently. They will be able to establish and maintain professional working relationships with external and internal teams at all levels across the company.
- Associates or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering or Drafting
- 2+ years’ experience with 3D CAD programs – Catia V5/V6 preferred
- Familiarity GD&T and ASME Y14.5-2009
- Skilled in MS excel and data management
- Great communication skills with ability to clearly convey information
- Experience creating 2D drawings for assemblies and parts
- Experience working with CM4D database; APQP part validation experience
- Experience with measurement programs using metrology software
- Experience in Visual Basic or other script language