The Body Repair Technician will join an exceptional cross-functional team of technicians that perform body collision repairs which include drilling, tapping, Paintless dent repair (PDR), and some welding at Final Line to Complete Vehicle Inspection Standards (CVIS) specifications and deviations. This position will be located at our growing facility in Fremont, California. Under direct supervision, the Body Repair Technician will perform routine duties within the manufacturing operations area.
- Understands and ensures adherence to required safety procedures and processes.
- Evaluate the process design and tooling improvements – comfortable in suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve quality, reduce cost, support production work environment.
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment and team structure.
- Can perform body repairs on Final Line to CVIS spec/deviations
- Understands the basic methods of auto body repair.
- Able to understand CVIS deviations.
- Physical work including but not limited to pushing, pulling, gripping, twisting, reaching, etc.
- Ability to follow a required specific sequence of steps in a process repetitively for an extended period of time
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Maintain a safe and 5s work area at all times
- Understands the concept “root cause analysis” for defect improvements. Uses problem solving to understand what the issue is and to come up with solutions to help eliminate or reduce the cause
- Able to perform repairs on-line/offline with minimal supervision and can be counted on to complete the task given
- Some basic MIG welding experience.
- Ability to repair dings and dents with and without breaking paint.
- Ability to work with a variety of hand tools safely and quickly.
- As a full time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts