- The Auditor will be responsible for completing monthly claim file audits for each adjuster. Audits will assist in assessing each adjuster’s individual level of performance and if department goals and objectives are being met on a consistent basis. The Auditor may also assist in the training and development of current staff.
- A four-year degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of and adherence to, the state laws and regulations governing the handling of property and casualty claims throughout the United States.
- Knowledge of coverage, liability, investigation, litigation, negotiation, salvage, subrogation, of general liability, property, garage and auto physical damage claims handling.
- An understanding of accounting principles, underwriting, and auto physical damage and/or property estimating.
- Experience with WORD and Excel systems.
- 5 plus years successful handling of claims including advanced skills in coverage analysis, investigation, litigation management, negotiation, salvage and subrogation.
- Knowledge of medical terms and legal issues.
- Excellent writing skills
- Advanced communication skills are required to understand, interpret and convey technical information.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Prior auditing experience
- Ability to quickly understand and utilize existing and future claims handling systems.