- Full Time
Tesla is seeking an Audio Engineer within the Infotainment Team who has had 5+ years of design, test, and release responsibility of Audio products, specifically speakers, microphones and amplifiers. This engineer should have a strong understanding of the design and application of these components within an audio system, and the ability to define, specify and set the requirements for these. This engineer will be a technical and process mentor for other engineers in the team and the company. This engineer must thrive in a start-up company environment with great opportunities for growth and spectacular achievement. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD. in Engineering (or equivalent experience) with minimum 5 years of experience in developing audio products from start to finish.
- A Passion for audio, a self-motivation, and a desire to work in fast paced environment
- Solid technical depth in audio products (acoustics and electronics), and in analog & digital circuit analysis
- Knowledge of product design & development, including an exposure to CAD
- Hands-on experience in measurements of acoustic components and vehicle audio systems
- Skill working with cross functional team members from multiple disciplines to reach fact-based decisions
- Technical and Project Management skills to communicate and drive suppliers
- Strong hands-on experience problem-solving & debugging skills
- Experience with environmental constraints (temp, humidity, and vibration), and regulatory compliance
- Active driver’s license, must be in a good standing
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills