Tesla is seeking an Associate Reliability Engineer to join our Facilities team at our Gigafactory in Sparks, NV. This individual will identify and resolve reliability issues and will also maintain and continuously improve the reliability program.
· Develop tools, workflows, and other documentation to support maintenance and reliability
· Increase process uptime and minimize equipment downtime for assigned assets
· Produces reliability metrics (uptime/downtime/ MTBF/MTTR/etc.)
· Assists with maintenance of equipment maintenance plans and job plans (SMPs) library.
· Verify critical spares for assigned assets
· Participates in root cause analysis on asset failures, and drives mitigating actions to completion
· Work with Operations, Manufacturing, site tenants and other vendors to ensure equipment/asset availability to best meet customer requirements
· B.S in Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical Engineering
· 1-3 years in reliability or related field
· Functional knowledge of equipment used in industrial processes
· Commitment to safety
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to work independently with minor direction
· Flexible and able to adapt quickly to current and new company requirements
· Ability to effectively interact with operators, technicians, and engineers