- Battery Cells are the common denominator for every Tesla product. Our product requirements demand ground-up cell architectures with state-of-the-art performance, manufactured at volumes that are orders of magnitude higher than the products they power. Our environment is fast-paced and incredibly exciting. Tesla moves quickly, so being passionate and self-motivated to push your limits is critical. Our team works alongside engineering groups across various disciplines, requiring strong communication skills and a team-first mentality. You will work alongside seasoned industry experts, high aptitude recent graduates, and people from every stage in between.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic Associate Production Manager for our Cell Manufacturing team. You will be playing a critical role developing and building a team that will spearhead production and development of battery cells at Tesla. As a leader you will be responsible for building a high performing team which includes supervisors, operators, and technicians. In addition, technical background and experience enable decision making when working with cross-functional teams such as maintenance, quality, and engineering. Your combined skills and mental agility will be key to successfully navigating our fast-paced development environment.
- 5+ year experience managing teams of people. Industry experience in lithium-ion batteries preferred.
- Experience working in development programs a plus.
- BS or MS in a technical discipline and/or evidence of exceptional experience.
- Can demonstrate ability to perform deadlines and perform under high pressure.
- Manage production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)