- The Technical Writer Associate Manager will work alongside engineers and other technical writers to document the fine details of manufacturing processes and equipment operation and lead and coordinate the work of the rest of the team of Technical Writers. They will be the responsible owner of the Technical Writing work at the site to ensure that is completed on time and to the highest standards of excellence.
He/She is familiar with technical writing and can quickly capture information with notes, recordings, and photographs. Once captured, he/she can transform this information into clear Manufacturing Instructions (MIs), visual aids, training checklists, and maintenance instructions. MIs are the singular record of how Tesla’s products are assembled, making them the processes that hundreds of our production associates follow.
They will also be responsible for ensuring that the Document Management Standards and Change Management Standards are understood and adhered to by the Technical Writing Team to ensure ISO9001:2015 compliance.
- Experience creating process documentation that clearly and efficiently communicates concepts, ideas, and instructions.
- Ability to translate verbal information into clearly written procedures.
- Demonstrated excellence in digital photography including but not limited to the following: Still and motion photography.
- Attention to aspect ratio and subject framing.
- Ability to use macro features in order to capture close-up detail.
- Manipulation of files between camera and computer.
- Formatting and editing of digital images, including image size and resolution, color, brightness and contrast, rotation and cropping, etc.
- Experience creating technical specifications for automated manufacturing equipment is a plus.
- Experience reading and interpreting mechanical drawings is a plus. Ability to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines (simultaneously managing multiple documentation projects).
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, with a proficiency in English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent listening and observation skills.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail. Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint