Associate Manager, Production Fremont General Assembly S/X
As an Associate Manager of Production, you will be playing a critical role in achieving the organizational objectives in General Assembly manufacturing. You will lead a team of Supervisors and take a KPI driven approach toward daily operations. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with our process, maintenance, quality, engineering and PMI teams to solve problems, drive continuous improvement to achieve the performance targets and new product introductions.
- Manage daily operations through Key Performance Indicators (KPI), problem solving and driving continuous improvement to achieve the KPI targets.
- Coach and mentor the supervisors on standard work, problem solving and continuous improvement and effectively manage their performance.
- Build a strong, motivated production team capable of consistently delivering high quality products against aggressive production targets.
- Create and maintain a culture that prioritizes safety, quality and cost through communication, action, and accountability.
- Work cross functionality to make process improvements, address production bottlenecks and increase productivity.
- Training and development of supervisors, leads and associates.
- Support issue resolution through root cause analysis, implementing permanent counter measures and an environment of continuous learning.
- Ensure production teams utilize standardized work and consistent work practices across shifts and areas.
- Conduct daily process audits to ensure compliance of the team to established standards, policies and procedures for safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- 5+ year experience managing teams of people in high volume manufacturing setting.
- BS or MS in Business or Technical discipline and/or equivalent manufacturing experience.
- Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs).
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).