Tesla is looking for an Associate Manager, Logistics to lead a team responsible for a first of its kind operation center. This center will manage critical domestic Just-In-Time suppliers in closed loops that support vehicle production and international shipping operations to other plants and distribution centers. This role requires perfect coordination with suppliers, carriers, and Tesla warehouses/yards to maintain a smooth flow of inbound material and outbound returns to ensure the production lines run around the clock. The role comes with ongoing responsibilities of everything from long term efficiency improvements to short term operations management.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in logistics related functions; at least 3 years in people leadership positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain field or equivalent experience.
- Extensive knowledge of logistics operations management including operations management, carrier relationship management and international trade.
- Strong organizational skills with both strategic and tactical responsibilities.
- Evidence of customer-focused, both internal and external, and results-oriented management style.
- A passionate and high energy leader, who possesses diplomacy and cooperative style necessary to positively influence others.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills in developing, implementing, and assessing key metrics and process indicators for effective team and materials program management.
- Ability to travel up to 10%