Tesla is seeking a dynamic & strategic experienced attorney to lead our Environmental, Safety and Health legal team. This attorney will support, collaborate and guide business partners on workplace safety and health compliance requirements from federal and state plan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”) regulations. In addition, this attorney will manage outside counsel, and advise internal business partners, regarding environmental regulatory compliance applicable to automobile manufacturing, service & delivery, lithium battery development, renewable energy products, and sustainable recycling programs for end-of-life product disposal. Should be ready to put on steel-toed boots and a hardhat and traverse our facilities. The position will be based in our Fremont, CA or Austin, Texas. However, travel is required to other primary locations.
- At least 12 years of work experience primarily related to environmental and workplace safety and health issues in the manufacturing, construction, or energy industry. In-house counsel experience preferred.
- The preferred candidate will have several years of work experience in a combination of a law firm, a state or federal agency responsible for environmental, safety, and health regulatory oversight, and experience as in-house counsel, ideally in the manufacturing, construction, or energy industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment, where demands and priorities change rapidly.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable rolling up his/her sleeves and being hands-on.
- JD and admission in at least one U.S. state bar jurisdiction.
- Substantial experience with environmental compliance/enforcement and OSHA litigation/ compliance.
- Understand the concepts of Human and Organizational Performance.