- Full Time
The (Associate) EHS Specialist is based in the France region and reports to the Regional Ops EHS Lead France South Europe Middle East. He or she is responsible for organizational and technical work in a wide range of EHS disciplines. The (Associate) EHS Specialist will support day-to-day operations by coordination and support of stakeholders, projects and processes within his scope. EHS disciplines such as personal protective equipment, safety training, emergency response, incident reporting, emergency equipment, risk assessments, 5S and audits. The primary responsibility of this position is to enhance the development, implementation and coordination of EHS in operations driven by systems, projects and programs.
This position will play a key role in the incident reporting and analysis process and work closely with supervisors to develop and implement corrective actions in preventing injuries. He or she will also work with managers, supervisors and safety representatives to implement best practices for improvement of overall EHS. The overall charter is achieving compliance and risk control within the company’s and regulatory agencies’ standards in environmental, health and safety. The candidate must work well on both self-initiated projects and those driven by stakeholders. The ideal candidate takes pride in his or her analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He or she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
Primary scope at the moment of hiring will be the France. The main focus will be on France, but is not limited to France. The role requires to adapt to market expansion needs as the business is growing. The geographical scope of coverage within the role is therefore subject to change, based on business needs.
- Experience in Environmental, Health and Safety;
- Certification required for France;
- Degree in Occupational Safety or Industrial Safety is preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in French and English. Italian/Spanish/Arabic skills is a plus;
- Knowledge of national, European and global regulatory agencies and requirements;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing demands and tight deadlines;
- Proactive as well as detail and result oriented with strong desire to succeed;
- Strong interpersonal, communicative and stakeholder relationship skills;
- Ability to prioritize and support multiple departments;
- Flexible in time management and willingness to travel in the area of France and other South EMEA;
- Valid vehicle driving license;
- Based in France, Paris area.