Tesla is seeking a dynamic Associate Environmental, Safety, And Health (EHS) Specialist to join the Cell Manufacturing Environmental, Health and Safety Team (EHS). The role will support various facilities environmental health and safety (EHS) programs for Tesla’s Cell Manufacturing, Seats Manufacturing and R&D locations in Fremont, CA. Programs of focus include Fall Protection, Electrical Safety, Lock out tag out, hoisting/rigging, confined space, and. Reporting to the EHS Manager in the California Bay Area region, this role will be responsible for partnering with EHS leads and cross-functional team members. Be part of the Tesla EHS Team that builds capacity, provides solutions, and drives continuous improvement
throughout the Global Tesla Organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Health or other Environmental Health and Safety related discipline;
- 1-5 years of experience supporting multi-media environmental compliance programs;
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment, where demands and priorities change rapidly;
- Ability to communicate effectively with production employees, engineers, legal counsel, technical specialists, and management, cross functionally, in a multi-disciplinary, global environment;
- General foundational knowledge of EHS laws (OSHA, EPA, DOT, Cal-OSHA, etc.), regulations, and standards;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Evidence of exceptional ability.