The Associate EHS Specialist is responsible for supporting the Sr. EHS Specialist with complex technical work within a wide range of EHS disciplines across. The Associates EHS Specialist supports the Sr. EHS Specialists with day-to-day operations by supporting a number of EHS processes helping with the development of safety trainings and participating in the auditing process. The Associate EHS Specialists play a key role in the Event reporting and analysis process and work closely with Supervisors and associates across multiple business units to develop and implement corrective actions preventing reoccurrence. They will also support the Sr. EHS Specialist to work with Supervisors to implement best practices for within a comprehensive safety management system.
- 3+ years of experience within a health and safety role
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Safety, Ergonomics, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, or Safety-related discipline
- Knowledge of Local, State and Federal regulatory agencies and requirements.
- Practical, hands-on experience with LOTO, Machine Guarding, Ergonomics, Providing education / training, Risk assessment, Event Analysis, Fall Protection, Mobile Equipment Safety, and site Inspections.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with Supervisors and Associates
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Evidence of exceptional ability