Our squads of designers, engineers and product owners are responsible for all customer-facing touch points for our private and corporate customers; from the website and registration, to the app and vehicles that hundreds of thousands of people rely on every day. While we obtain a service mindset considering both the front- and backstage collaborating closely with our colleagues in business applications, we are specialised in the end customer experience. We are obsessed with delivering value to our customers and to the business – we do this by constantly evolving our service, through testing and validating our assumptions.
DESIGN AT SHARE NOW
At SHARE NOW’s Design team, designers and user researchers working across our consumer and corporate service offers as well as an internal suite of business applications for customer, fleet and vehicle management. We are located in the heart of Berlin and in our beautiful offices right on Hamburg’s Elbe shore, while also having the flexibility to work from home.
As a team, we work towards the SHARE NOW purpose of making cities more liveable by sharing more and owning less. We create value through shaping solutions that are leveraging the latest technology and founded in the needs of our external and internal users.
We are looking for a talented product designer to join Customer Applications working on improving the customer experience of sharing a car for spontaneous rides as well as planned multi-day trips.
As a product designer for SHARE NOW Customer Applications, you’ll be involved in the entire product lifecycle – from concept to implementation and optimization utilizing your skills in information architecture, interaction and visual design as well as prototyping. Your daily responsibilities are within a cross-functional product squad contributing through discovery to delivery by understanding user needs, conceptualizing ideas and delivering final designs.
Your work will have a direct impact on retaining our customers by delivering a delightful customer experience.
IN THIS ROLE YOU’LL GET TO
- Be an expert in state of the art car sharing services by understanding the needs of the end users and the conditions of our business
- Play a critical role in a cross-functional product squad working on business critical challenges
- Take a leading role in product discovery, exploring problem spaces within your domain together with product owners and user researchers
- Create wireframes to capture ideas and turn them into interactive prototypes with just the right level of fidelity to learn
- Produce engaging visual designs and ensure that the implementations are pixel perfect
- Help defining hypotheses and success measures, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback in your work
- Contribute to evolving our design system to ensure we share principles, patterns and styles across the product squads
- Work closely with our Content, Brand and SEO Teams to bring the message of shared mobility to new and existing customers
- Make sure that you can connect your work with measurable business metrics to validate your assumptions and quantify your progress together with your associated Product Manager, in order to fulfill specific market demands and produce data-informed solutions.
- Proactive, you are an effective communicator and facilitator, being able to lead your project from end to end within the department
THIS ROLE MAY BE FOR YOU IF
- You have at least 3-5+ years of experience as a product designer or similar
- Proficiency in English for working purposes is required. Additional languages are welcome for the sake of diversity and creativity
- You’re passionate about the future of mobility and want to improve how people move in- and around cities
- You embrace change, dare to challenge the status quo and are persistent
- You always connect value to your designs, always strive to align user needs with good business
- You’re experienced in working throughout all stages in a double diamond design process – from defining the problem to the final details of the solution
- You’re excellent at working in cross-functional squads to understand problems, and to drive alignment and outcomes
- You love digging into complex problems and applying creative and logical thinking to breaking them down to their core
- You’re great at sharing and explaining your work, and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
- You are autonomous and confident in your ability from whiteboard sketching to produce pixel perfect designs and have experience in providing support for developers during the implementation
- You know your way around Figma, but also have an eye for UI and UX methodologies
- You excel in your craft but are still hungry to continuously learn new methods and keep up-to-date with industry best practices
Important: Please apply with a portfolio (Website or PDF) showcasing your thinking process throughout use case studies and previous work experience. Without it, your application will not be considered.