Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Waste Water Operator will be responsible for the operation and troubleshooting of the Rivian Waste Water Pretreatment Plant and RO systems. The Operator will work with Paint shop pretreatment to manage the water stream appropriately and comply with Federal, State, and Municipal Regulations and permit levels.
- MUST be able to pass IEPA Class K Industrial Pretreatment Certification for the Rivian System after appropriate training and education.
- Assess Lab Data and make appropriate operational adjustments to maintain operation below permitted levels.
- Conduct light repair and maintenance of the Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Collect samples as needed for Laboratory analysis.
- Act as backup support for the Waste Handling Technician
- Provide support as needed for other EHS functions, such as Air and RCRA Compliance
- Ability to interpret and understand Process Instruments and Flow Diagrams and blueprints.
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to learn and apply operating procedures and work instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. ·
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment
- Must have independent thinking and troubleshooting skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in Industrial Education, Environmental Health and Safety is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years' experience with wastewater systems management experience is required and 5+ years' experience is preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to climb up/down ladders and stairs, negotiate unevenly or moving surfaces, and work at varying heights.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be on the plant floor and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- At other times while performing duties of this job, the employee will work in a standard office environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.