Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position you will be responsible for vehicle range and efficiency testing for Rivian’s development vehicles
- Dynamometer testing for range and efficiency at multiple ambient temperatures.
- Real-world range and efficiency test development and analysis.
- Correlation of vehicle data at multiple test facilities.
- J2263 coastdown testing to determine vehicle roadload capability.
- Special projects that emphasize development of hardware, software and controls to reach vehicle efficiency objectives.
- Continuous improvements to Rivian’s vehicle test procedures to minimize test-to-test variation and provide clear guidance to new test engineers.
- Developing vehicle test timelines relative to required vehicle retrofits and program deliverables.
- Developing test plans that minimize development cost and testing time while providing maximum learnings to range and efficiency team.
- Ability to manage testing on more than one vehicle at a time.
- Clear reporting of test results to upper management by means of analyzing test data and providing conclusion and recommendations from testing.
- BS + 3 years automotive experience, MS+ 2 years automotive experience
- Previous experience in Energy/Efficiency areas preferably in Electric Vehicles
- Previous experience with CAN data collection tools and methods.
- Proficient in areas of vehicle coastdown and dynamometer testing
- Previous experience preferred in electric vehicle range certification and homologation
- Knowledgeable of industry test procedures (including SAE, EPA, CARB) relative to development and certification of electric vehicles for range and efficiency
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams to achieve vehicle efficiency objectives
- Proficient in global regulatory test procedures for electric vehicles (outside of North America)
- Ability to present complex topics in a concise manner to leadership and provide recommendations and decisions needed
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-work skill
- 25% travel may be required. Applicant must have permanent residence in Detroit Metro area.
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle
- Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.