Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Technical Trades Automotive Instructor position requires someone with exceptional ability to assess needs, develop and deliver appropriate training solutions, and build strong working relationships. This individual must be creative, proactive, organized, flexible, results-oriented, and have a passion for and deep understanding of electric vehicles. Must have outstanding communication, facilitation, and organizational skills while demonstrating a positive and professional demeanor. This individual will be working closely with educational partners to develop robust electric vehicle service programs including leading our 5 month long automotive academy. The Technical Trades Automotive Partner/Instructor will take responsibility for ensuring students are equipped to deliver the best ownership experience the world has ever seen for every Rivian customer.
- Develop strong relationships with partnering colleges for the Rivian Technical Trades program.
- Plan community outreach events to enhance recruiting opportunities.
- Assist with content development surrounding Service Programming for curriculum.
- Assist with soft skills, empathy, de-escalation tactics, and customer service training for Scout students.
- Partner with Technical Trades instructors to develop relationships and feedback from Service Leadership.
- Support recruiting with interviewing events, student applications, and student onboarding to provide needed tooling for success.
- Assist with developing processes and procedures for Rivian Technical Trades Program onboarding with partnering Colleges.
- Partner with College leadership and faculty to facilitate workshops or speaking events to promote the Rivian Technical Trades program.
- Create website and social media content to drive program awareness and attract new students.
- Experience with automotive training programs.
- Degree from a University, Certificate program in Automotive Technology, or the equivalent in working experience.
- Proactive, flexible, confident, professional, and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrives when working independently and contributing strongly as a member of a high-performing team.
- Strong ability to collaborate and serve as a partner/consultant to Service Leadership and partnering Colleges.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Friendly, approachable, and outgoing personality with a passion for motivating others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated confidence and professionalism.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s license
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.