Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do
- Work with multiple future program teams to understand holistic product needs with respect to all domains including Propulsion, Chassis, Thermal, Energy Management, Infotainment, ADAS and Body Controls
- Interface with multiple functional domains and help define and push the limit for future technology roadmap
- Help define and decompose program functional and performance requirements to sub-systems, ensuring that we are defining and leading state of the art
- Work with Program and Sub System teams, understand system/sub-system trades off and develop optimized and harmonious program and sub-system requirements
- Work cross functionally to design system architecture and corresponding function allocation ensuring solution is scalable and solves for future variants
- Work to optimally assign function to either mechanical hardware, electrical hardware, or software
- Create and run models to understand feasibility and fundamental limits of various designs
- Perform system analysis to understand strengths, draw backs and limitations.
- Provide and drive system optimization
This is what you’ll need:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Knowledge designing, optimizing, and developing the following communication networks, power electronics, complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with System of Systems Engineering
- Solid fundamental knowledge of mechanical and electrical domains and power conversion between the two
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience design and developing systems for ground up
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.