Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Design of gearbox and driveline systems with the focus on the bearing, gear and structural system analysis.
- Perform research, design and development of driveline systems from concept to production
- Analysis of gearsets and bearings for life and stress to a duty cycle and load conditions as well as assess gear design for manufacturability.
- Work with engineers and designers to evaluate and optimize structural and NVH parameters of the system
- Support and liaison with suppliers and manufacturing for component specifications and definition
- Create component and system level accelerated tests based on vehicle data and vehicle duty cycles
- Provide technical support and system analysis for root cause analysis of development issues
- Provide professional reports and documentation of the
- Coordinate and participate in design reviews
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required
- Expertise in the following areas: System modelling of driveline or transmission systems in respect to bearings, shafts and gears in respect to life and noise. Knowledge of system analysis tools such as Romax, MASTA, SABR/Gear or similar.
- Working knowledge of how to use duty cycle and durability life curves (SN) of components to determine life.
- An understanding of gears and gear analysis including gear microgeometry and microgeometry
- An understanding of gears manufacturing and the impact on gear design
- An understanding of bearings, bearing types, and basic parameters of bearing geometry
- The ability to work independently, and to coach and mentor others
- Basic CAD knowledge, including ability to review designs within CATIA
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting, including essential technical guidance to support Senior Management
- An understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- An understanding of gearbox and driveline fundamentals
- Dynamic attitude with desire to learn and expand your knowledge and capability
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.