Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead a high performing team of durability development engineers, to analyze (CAE) various components and systems to improve design for durability
- Own the durability attribute for an entire vehicle program from concept definition to start of production
- Work with cross functional teams to align priorities and deliver design robust to program objective
- Provide technical oversight where needed
- Organize the structural durability resource to be In line with business needs
- Management and approval of standards related to durability analysis
- Develop and maintain the vehicle level design verification plan (DVP), and assist with subsystem and component level DVP
- Lead testing efforts to ensure DVP is executed correctly to validate the design, and own the resolution of issues that arise
- Enable and support the durability team to make use of test activities, ensuring good alignment between virtual and physical validation
- Minimum 7 years experience in automotive product development
- Experience in cross functional project management
- Experience in component, system and vehicle level durability analysis
- Thorough understanding of component, system and vehicle level test protocol
- Experience of various loads generation/validation processes
- Proven problem solver
- Knowledge of design verification process is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to all levels of the business
- Working knowledge of CAE Analysis toolsets (ABAQUS, Nastran, Optistruct, nCode) an asset
- Degree Qualified in relevant engineering, or product design
- Proficiency with Atlassian tools (JAMA, JIRA) an asset
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.