Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Design and develop Rivian Navigation and Infotainment applications on Android OS
- Leading feature development and technical delivery on key initiatives
- Design/Improve application architecture to meet product and technology goals
- Design and implement subsequent application updates and releases
- Collaborate with Application and Platform Software, HMI developers, UI/UX System Design, and Test Engineers to realize a modern in-vehicle experience.
- Create services and middleware for Rivian’s in-vehicle infotainment system which links drivers and passengers to their vehicle and the outside world.
- Test the in-vehicle experience in Rivian prototype vehicles.
- Coaching and mentoring new team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field.
- Proven Android app developer with 8+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Java, and C++.
- Proficiency in using Android and Android Jetpack APIs, including knowledge of Android NDK and JNI
- Knowledge of Android back-end services.
- Knowledge of Android design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with embedded Android framework services
- Software Development life cycle experience, from requirements gathering through to implementation and maintenance.
- Curiosity to grow your skills and having a sense of adventure
Nice To Have
- Knowledge of Android’s performance and testing framework
- Experience with Rust
- Familiarity with Map based/POI/Geo applications
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others.
- Knowledge and experience with Jetpack libraries
- Extensive experience with POSIX-based embedded systems, one or more of Android, Linux, QNX.
- Experience in automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics is strongly preferred.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.