Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Customer Engagement is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and memorable moments for the Rivian community. We strive to understand and predict our customers' needs, behaviors, and emotions. We gather insights that inform our experiential design, physical spaces, and the digital tools that come together to shape every customer interaction with our brand.
As a Senior Support Content Writer, Customer Engagement, you’ll author customer-facing content for Rivian’s Knowledge Base, web content for our online Support Center, and talking points to support our Field Teams as they engage our community.
In this role, you’ll create customer-facing communications about Rivian’s purchasing process, pre-sales activities, owner engagement and education. You’ll be challenged to distill complex updates into language that’s informative, engaging, and aligned with our brand voice and ethos. Our writing should meet customers where they are and draw them deeper into the Rivian community. Decisions are made and deployed rapidly at Rivian, and this role requires an individual comfortable with fast-paced, high volume writing requests. The opening will be located at our Irvine, CA or Normal, IL facility and reports directly to a Manager, Customer Knowledge.
- Write customer-facing copy and support content that spans Rivian's Knowledge Base, online Support Center, and customer communications
- Create talking points and scripts that support Rivian vehicle pre-sales, operations, transactions, sales enablement, owner experience, and other critical customer education needs
- Integrate deeply into Rivian’s communications channels, collaborating with subject matter experts, approval groups, and communications team partners
- Leverage Rivian’s “voice of customer” data to predict and rapidly develop content that supports customers purchasing decisions and ownership experience
- Learn our business operations, transaction flows, and purchasing process, and be able to translate them into easily digestible customer-facing copy
- Performs other duties as required or assigned within the scope of this position.
- 5+ years copywriting experience, preferably walking consumers through purchasing experiences and technical products
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with learning management systems a plus
- Experience creating educational or training content a plus
- EV, tech, and/or startup experience a plus (but not a requirement)
- In the office 1-3 days per week
- Ability to travel 20% of time
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.