Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Primary responsibility involves providing durability development of closures structures using finite element analysis methods such as linear/ non-linear, transient dynamic and fatigue analysis.
- Develop CAE methods and processes to standardize and solve complex engineering problems
- Provide feedback in the form of engineering enablers focused on improving system performance and/or efficiency
- Lead simulation activities independently with minimal supervision
- Interpret simulation results and provide effective communication to DREs and other stakeholders, suggesting feasible design improvement opportunities to ensure component and system integration at a vehicle level
- Prepare formal reports suitable for audiences ranging from peers to senior leadership, clearly demonstrating a sound engineering understanding and recommendations of how to proceed
- Support physical testing through setup and instrumentation selection as well as processing and interpretation of test results
- Provide technical leadership on closures within the team and interface with various stakeholders externally such as, program management, structural integration, systems engineering, manufacturing, studio… etc.
- BS + 8 years, MS+ 5 years or PhD+2 in mechanical engineering or similar field
- Proficiency in using ANSA/ Hypermesh, Hyperview/METApost, Abaqus, n-Code, and Ls-Dyna software.
- Expert application of Linear/ Non-Linear static, Transient dynamic analysis of automotive structures.
- Strong understanding materials science and in-depth knowledge of stress failure theory, buckling and fatigue theory
- Strong experience with closures (side doors, tailgate, lift gate, hood) systems
- Strong experience of preparing formal reports, summarizing results and providing design feedback.
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem-solving skills
- Well versed with closures performance attributes and user stories
- Experience of at least 2 full program lifecycles from concept to production
- Proficiency with Atlassian tools (JAMA, JIRA) an asset
- Excellent communication(written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.