Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
To manage the shift and ensure smooth running of operations in the Rivian Automotive Assembly Plant. The Manager / Sr. Manager of quality manufacturing will oversee and manage resolution for all internal and supplier quality issues centered around the complete vehicle. The Quality Manager position is to lead, plan, organize and coordinate the overall activities of the End of Line.
The Manager will be accountable for a team of Quality Engineers and Group Leaders to improving overall quality performance for the EOL areas of the plant.
This position requires the ability to work with cross-functional teams to develop procedures, and standards. In addition, to be a key influencer for the creation of a positive quality culture. This position requires deep understanding of the automotive quality and problem-solving tools in order to build and develop a highly effective team.
Strategy and Development
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice processes. Vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on operational activities
General and Task Management
- Implement all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance
- Develop in-house systems and procedures to meet the needs of external customers
- Respond to quality issues by putting in containment actions, full analysis, poka-yokes (error proofing), and implementing short-term and long-term countermeasures
- Update quality documentation and communicate to carry forward lessons learned from quality concerns in new customer contracts
- Ensure that plant schedule for vehicle builds is fulfilled by operation deliverables
- Introduce new systems and procedures where appropriate
- Undertake internal and process audits of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Direct reports are: Managers, Group Leaders, Quality/process engineers, Team Leaders and production workers
- Establish and refine quality sign-off instructions, standards and documentation
- Report against agreed quality metrics
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
- Help set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Ensure KPIs are met
Financial and Budget Control
- Input and hold responsibility for team budgets
- Responsible for achieving budget and forecast
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Support encourage and develop team
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles
- Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
- Embraces personal challenge
- Confident, rounded thinking
- Takes ownership for team cohesion
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to change
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
- Focused, target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
- Review, implement and update company records e.g. training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
- Provide technical expertise to the team
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
- Significant experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Cross-functional operations in a manufacturing setting
- Leadership experience preferred
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or Management field and/or
- 8+ years Manufacturing leadership experience in a high-volume manufacturing operation, preferably automotive
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to do work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, orders, loud noise and varying temperatures
- Ability to climb up/down ladders and stairs, negotiate uneven or moving surfaces, and work at varying heights
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be on the plant floor and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud
- At other times while performing duties of this job, the employee will work in a standard office environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.