Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position the Collision Learning Experience Designer will play a critical part in continuously improving the knowledge of the Collision/Service organization, require creativity, innovation, and knowledge of adult learning concepts to develop, enhance, and continually improve self-paced, and virtual engagements. The Collision Learning Experience Designer will need to be capable of building, supporting, and deploying content to meet service timelines.
What you’ll bring [Responsibilities]:
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains instructional materials and content for training programs using effective instructional design methodologies and technologies
- Partners with Collision stakeholders and L&D team to build technical and non-technical training based on needs assessment in individual departments
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices to design engaging eLearning material in adaptive learning methods
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding development needs
- Evaluate, create, organize and execute learning strategies/programs based on development
- Support learning program initiatives and projects by using your expertise in designing, developing, planning, implementing, and assessing learning content
- Partners with the Manager of Collision L&D, and/or other Collision stakeholders to identify needs and develop and implement training solutions
- Creates design documents outlining course objectives, content, assessment, and evaluation criteria
- Develops assessments and metrics to gauge employee performance and program outcomes; transforms data into meaningful and engaging executive style summaries/presentations
- Organizes and assists in developing learning manuals, pre-work and course evaluation procedures (inclusive of multimedia visual aids and other educational materials)
- Create effective eLearning’s and facilitator guides to help grow and scale the Learning and Development at Rivian
What you need [Qualifications]:
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design, eLearning software (Articulate 360 and Adobe InDesign preferred)
- Familiar with video content creation and editing (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or Camtasia)
- Experience supporting a Learning Management System (LMS)
- 5+ years of experience with proven success in similar role
- Self-motivated individual with knowledge in instructor led (ILT) training, virtual learning, eLearning, and on-the-job (OJT) methodologies
- Sense of pride in work, willingness to take responsibility and committed to working as a member of the team
- Ability to analyze logically and navigate ambiguity
- Familiarity with adult learning principles, theories, concepts and development technologies or modalities, practical experience and application of training development models
- Able to manage a design project management end to end
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines for deliverables, with accuracy, quality and attention to detail
- Organized with strong ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Clear and concise verbal and presentation skills Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented, organized, able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Ability to apply instructional design methodology to creation of content, tools and program
- Capable of traveling to get hands on time with the product / support training development
Even Better If [A Plus]:
- Professional Certifications (instructional design)
- Knowledge and experience in instructional design theory and implementation, curriculum / content development, and facilitation
- Knowledge of automotive service field
- Certification in coaching, learning, performance, career services, or MBTI, DISC, and other similar assessment tools is a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.