Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Fabricate fixtures using machine shop equipment (drill press, band saw, shear/break, hand tools)
- Build liquid cooled thermal systems (cut hoses and pipes to length, make sealed connections, perform coolant fill and drain)
- Install and set up environmental chambers for testing
- Order lab plumbing and mechanical (screws, fasteners, nuts) supplies and equipment to maintain stock to support prototype builds, testing and repairs
- Communicate across departments any abnormalities and concerns during the above tasks
- Safe and proper use of various mechanical tools such as drills, saws, screwdrivers, torque drivers and wrenches as required
- Always ensure exceptional safety and quality
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment is mandatory
- High School diploma or GED. 2 year degree in relevant studies is a plus
- 5+ years of experience as a R&D Technician
- At least 2 years of experience working with systems that require plumbing
- Proficient with various plumbing tools
- Proficient with standard machine shop tools
- Experience reading environmental chamber manuals and setting them up
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate ideas and concerns clearly
- Experience working with battery storage systems is a plus
- Forklift certification is a plus
- Physical qualifications: able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Availability for 10% travel
- Standard 40 hours with overtime when necessary
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.