Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Initially help support pre-production vehicle builds, including assisting cross functional teams
- Travel to locations to support as required until the local Service Center opens, including but not limited to, production plant
- Operate remotely until the local service center opens, if applicable
- Follow Rivian repair procedures with efficiency without compromising quality and safety
- Perform or assist with assigned diagnosis, repairs, installations, and inspections on vehicles
- Assist and support vehicle repairs in a setting outside of a service center
- Conduct road tests on vehicles to ensure quality of the repair
- Perform necessary parts operations such as parts ordering, receiving, shipping and inventory
- Identify and explain the Rivian product line, EV framework, tools and accessories
- Stay up to date with technical skills and required training
- Support campaigns and containment initiatives
- Maintain and process accurate expense reporting as needed
- Maintain high quality work and efficiency while working with little supervision
- Ensure proper documentation and technical notes are satisfactorily for internal and external use
- Identify areas of improvement and provide feedback to senior technicians or manager
- Work with a collaborative attitude and team spirit in an ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Provide service support to the field to support the Service organization
- Ability to perform duties and communicate with a high level of professionalism, in a customer facing environment
- HS Diploma or GED
- Graduated from an accredited automotive repair school preferred
- Have hands on work for 3+ years, and in the automotive field is a plus
- Proficient in using hand tools and power tools
- Know basics of diagnosis and workflows
- Able to read electrical schematics
- Entry Level Diagnostic exposure
- Understands how high voltage and low voltage electricity works (basic electricity theory)
- Able to perform tire repair and vehicle alignment
- Ability to drive non-commercial truck and trailer preferred
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time, or as needed
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 40 hours a week, including weekends and holidays, according to business need. Shifts may include evening, overnight, or early morning hours
- Ability to travel within United States & Canada
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and maintain a clean driving record
- Parts department and billing experience preferred
- Experience using a work order management system including repair documentation
- Experience working in start-up environments preferred
- Exhibits patience and eagerness to learn
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with attention to detail
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs)
- Fully Vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (proof required)
- Must be at least 18 years old
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.