Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this role you will help support the Global Trade Compliance team in various aspects. Overall activities may include handling of internal and external customer trade requests, processing of documentation related to US and Canada imports and exports, and other trade compliance related matters.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and has excellent communication skills. These skills will benefit this position greatly as this role will collaborate across all organizational levels and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with Rivian US and Canadian Broker(s) in resolving any import related issues into Canada (primary) and US (backup);
- Backup support for processing of documentation, including commercial invoices, packing lists, and SLI’s related to the export of parts, equipment, and other products;
- Work with Rivian logistics in tracing/tracking of shipments delayed due to US or CA Customs clearance issues;
- Support Trade Compliance managers in various trade related activities, including FTA solicitations, ISF filings, and updating of internal and external Business Rules and process flows, training presentations, and other activities;
- Support Trade Compliance managers with compliance and metrics reporting, and data mining;
- Assist with US CBP Value and FTA Reconciliation and duty drawback filings.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have 3+ years or more of experience in international trade with broad knowledge of import/export trade compliance;
- Manufacturing experience preferred, with automotive experience a bonus;
- Problem-solving skills, ability to make decisions, and execute on duties;
- Experience with Integration Point software and SAP ERP is a plus;
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.