Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Senior Planning Analyst, solely responsible for analyzing and managing optimum routing options for finished vehicles logistics, is a key function supporting the logistics team at Rivian that handles delivering finished vehicles from our factory(s) to customers across our market. Position will support carrier management to drive continuous carrier improvement, will develop the analytical dashboards and will also act as a back up to setup, maintain and tweak the TMS (Transportation management system) as needed. In short, the position will impact logistics performance from data management pre-shipment thru post-shipment performance.
The ideal candidate possesses strong analytical skills along with previous experience in network and demand planning, operations finance, and dashboards development on a global or regional role. Candidate should be able to communicate complex issues and ideas to a variety of audiences, analyze crucial finance data, prepare reporting, business insight and confidently present to leadership across the organization. We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented self-starter with an analytical mindset and hands on experience across all modes of transportation. Having a positive attitude will benefit this position greatly as the role requires flexing into other roles as needed. The ideal candidate must be willing to roll-up sleeves and dive into the weeds.
- Design and maintain global Outbound vehicle logistics distribution network using modes of truck, rail, and ocean
- Identify network design efficiencies using advanced statistical techniques, conduct cost analysis for changes in distribution and propose changes to leadership
- Establish and maintain route set-up in Transportation Management System
- Own budget forecast and alignment with Finance
- Develop and own KPI measurement and business intelligence, and act as primary interface to other analytics teams across business
- Analyze production data to forecast the yard spaces required to store the vehicles and assist in yard expansion planning
- Lead discussion with strategy team, analyze network routing options and forecast cost for various global markets and plant locations
- Leverage data to identify exception or waste trends and work across teams to develop and measure corrective actions
- Develop, document, and roll out logistics processes as needed
- Develop and maintain freight budget, and communicate performance results with internal stakeholders
- Perform monthly forecast/quarter-end financial analysis and quarter-end close duties
- Collaborate with teams to develop and maintain analytical dashboards to track the finance KPIs and efficiency of operations
- Use SQL, Python, or similar coding languages to pull data from databases across Rivian and create / automate reports
- Develop Alteryx flows to either crunch the data repeatedly OR pull scheduled data from databases
- Align with purchasing on sourcing and network actions
- Lead benchmarking activities
- Create and maintain railcar equipment forecast
- Support dashboard creation and data analysis to evaluate KPI and ensure the operations is on track
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to create projections and plan for surge-volume events
- Act as back up and support for other roles within the Outbound Logistics team
- Provide a customer-oriented approach to support the internal customers
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, or related field, masters preferred
- 3 years of experience in logistics, analytics industry or related or 1 year experience required for Master's degree
- Strong analytical skill set – must have experience in applying the following:
- Identify and understand trends and gaps
- Creating Pareto Charts
- Root cause analysis
- Process mapping
- Data mining
- Proven track record of capturing and analyzing large amounts of data at a macro and micro level.
- In-depth understanding of logistics’ relationships with other parts of the automotive ecosystem
- Capable of handling projects using MS Access, Python, Alteryx, Tableau or Power BI, or other business intelligence suites and visualization tools with minimum supervision.
- Expert user in MS Excel – ability to create pivot table and sophisticated charts, i.e., multiple axis and data series, use of short cuts, and VLOOKUP functionality
- Travel Requirements of Position: 10%
- Experience with finished vehicle delivery preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.