Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian Design Operations is seeking a Sr. Lead Design Program Manager for the Brand Digital Commerce program. With an eye towards scalability and agility, you will work with studio leadership to establish and lead day-to-day operations of the team including organizing team logistics, orchestrating design efforts with cross-functional partners, supporting internal initiatives, scheduling, weekly reporting, and resource management. This role requires a highly organized self-starter who has a thorough understanding of digital platforms and a proven track record for managing complex digital projects in an iterative and fast-paced environment.
The Digital Commerce team is responsible for the user experience and product design across the holistic user journey prior to delivery. We define and craft experiences enabling brand discovery, activation, intention, commitment, purchase, and onboarding all the way through to delivery. The opening can be located at any of our US facilities or be fully remote and reports directly to a Sr Manager, Design Operations.
- Collaborate with Studio leadership to define operational properties across design, planning, reporting, risk management and resource management.
- Partner with Associate Creative Director to establish a bridge between design, engineering, product management and marketing teams by ensuring interdependencies are understood and planned for.
- Assess and improve flows of communication from working teams up to design leadership and outward to cross-functional partners.
- Drive large initiatives and align stakeholders across different teams, including senior leadership and executives.
- Develop and manage extensive program roadmaps, timelines, and communications across vertical programs spanning across multiple channels and products functions.
- Communicate and negotiate priorities, scope, expectations, dates, and milestones with cross functional team members, including product management, engineering, quality assurance, and senior leadership and executives.
- Manage end-to-end program and project lifecycle from prioritization, briefing, creative development, delivery, VQA, to post launch maintenance and iteration.
- Creates a plan around team health for the design team (lunch & learns, speaker series, workshops, etc.) and collaboration with cross-functional partners (work sessions, retros, etc.).
- Partner with finance and the supplier team on budget forecasting and freelancer and or vendor contracts.
- 10+ years of experience in project/program management, working closely with creatives (i.e. designers, copywriters, strategists), product managers, engineering, stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in and understanding of digital production, UX research, UX design and customer journey development.
- Demonstrated track record of establishing systems, and programmatic approaches to organizational challenges that are flexible in execution.
- You know how to balance long-term strategic thinking and near-term execution.
- Proven experience managing complex programs and/or multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and a willingness to pivot as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work as well independently as within a team.
- Proficient in Jira, Confluence, Figma, Asana, Slack, Microsoft Suite.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.