Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is hiring a Sr. Financial Analyst on our Service Finance team. This analyst will manage the financials and relationships with Parts Supply Chain, Warranty, and other Service-related departments to accurately manage inventory, revenues, expenses, capital investments, and headcount.
- Serve as a trusted Business Partner to the Service organization by effectively articulating, reviewing, and analyzing divisional budgets and forecasts and executing financial planning needs
- Obtain and consolidate the monthly, quarterly, and annual divisional gross margin, overhead, and balance sheets for budgets and forecasts for the Service organization; includes collecting and tracking inventory, revenues, headcount, operating and capital expenses
- Conduct variance analysis to budget / forecast, track KPIs, operational metrics, warranty expense, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Partner with Corporate Accounting and other Finance teams to perform monthly and quarterly close responsibilities; includes managing accruals and preparing close presentations
- Analyze parts inventory and partner with Accounting, Pricing, and Purchasing teams to ensure accurate cost structures are in place to achieve commercial goals
- Prepare presentations that provide insightful analysis and required action items to support Service leadership with making informed business decisions, identify risks & opportunities and track variances to the annual budget
- Proactively work to improve data quality and collection processes to drive continuous improvement in forecast timing and accuracy
- Assist the business in defining financial requirements for various internal systems including SAP, and participate in testing and identify future enhancements
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis as needed
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill with the ability to process large amounts of data from multiple sources and build models from the ground up using Tableau, Power BI, or comparable platform
- Provide robust support for business decisions through a methodical and holistic analytical approach with the ability to view challenges through various lenses
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to step-back and see the big picture
- Flexibility in prioritizing in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent communication skills through verbal or other electronic means
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability in developing and improving processes to make reporting better, faster, and easier
- Ability to partner with people of various background and levels
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required; preferred experience with SAP, Adaptive Insights, Tableau, Power BI, and Lucidchart
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of related business experience in Finance, Accounting, or related field
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.