Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- This position will be responsible to support and improve the function of various types of equipment, tooling, testing used to assemble electric vehicles.
- Equipment would include, but not limited to, lift assists for heavy parts, leak test, electrical test, fluid fill, primer, and adhesive systems,
- vision systems, alignment and headlight aiming equipment, robotic installations, pallets for door, chassis, and instrument panel assembly, etc.
- This position will work closely with the Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering Teams (Process, Firmware, Manufacturing)
- Draft designs for new or improved equipment, related to new models, engineering changes and process improvement efforts.
- Coordinate the project from supplier selection and capital approval through installation.
- Provide technical support on equipment, including alignment, calibration and automation, robotic systems, etc. after handoff to Operations and Maintenance.
- Maintain the drawings and technical documentation for changes to existing and new equipment.
- Establish the PM and TPM requirements for the equipment.
- Develop the operational documentation and help train employees on how to use and maintain the equipment.
- Perform daily monitoring of performance and equipment efficiencies to provide support for continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise and be the leader in teaching teams how to properly troubleshoot
- Establish backup systems and processes as well as training on use
This is what you’ll need:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability.
- Must have good communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Experience (2-3) Years using CATIA, Solid Works, Creo or other 3D modeling Software
- Experience and/or certification in Six Sigma DMAIC (optional), Lean Assembly Principles, Time Studies using MTM or MODAPTS (Preferred),
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude
- Strong mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- B.S. degree in engineering discipline preferred.
- Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma etc. experience is a plus
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing General Assembly
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.