Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Regional Parts Specialist will be responsible for regional service parts strategy and overdelivering on the customer experience at our service locations. This role will require establishment of high standards of performance and operational excellence to support Service centers in the regional territory. Areas requiring direct oversight by this role will include training to the local teams, parts escalation resolutions, process improvement plans, risk management and mitigation. This role is field-based and will require travel throughout the region. The ideal candidate will have proven success in managing high performing teams across a regional or national footprint.
This role will require a dynamic and resourceful leader with excellent communications skills, who will foster cross functional interaction and champion a culture of continuous improvement across the organization. Demonstrated mentorship to parts advisors in the region for day-to-day management of high performing, high profile service centers in a dynamic environment will be required. This role will require extensive traveling, operational excellence, creative and data-driven problem solving. This role will also serve as the liaison between regional service centers and HQ based teams for the purpose of training, process standardization, continuous improvement, and escalations.
- Ability to train and guide others on the basics of receiving and stocking parts, managing inventory, requesting access to key platforms and dealing with customer questions and objections and follow up on the associate’s progress
- Support other Rivian Service Centers when required
- Ability to explain, and execute processes / standards (e.g. warranty return, shipping process, channel planning, pre-pulling parts, indirect purchasing) when needed, and the ability to follow up and provide feedback
- Understand, and explain the physical inventory process (preparation and execution)
- Provide constant communication and feedback to the channel planning team to ensure proper MIN/MAX levels
- Understand and explain KPI's and metrics and their significance
- Identify and resolve common discrepancies in parts procurement, review for human error transactions and collaborate to improve processes and learn
- Comfortably communicates with technicians and leads to promote clear communication channels. Calls and/or participates in huddles to collaborate on best and efficient ways to take care of our customers
- Identify and order the correct part needed for any repair
- Source or look up and understand parts assemblies / subassemblies
- Physically and systematically receive parts and/or allocate back orders
- Physically and systematically BIN parts
- Understand, execute and explain the Rivian BIN scheme
- Utilize and navigate the following programs and documentation – SharePoint, Warranty Manual, Write It Right and Rivian's proprietary systems
- Demonstrate and execute daily counts and understand the intended use of the tool
- Understands all pay types (Goodwill, Customer Pay, Internal, etc.) and use cases
- The ability and willingness to learn and gain an understanding of Rivian's maintenance scheduling
- Explain services and provide an exceptional customer experience
- Utilize a forklift in required areas for transporting and organization of parts
- Knowledge of Rivian's safety requirements
- List and explain the 5S stages and methodology
- Provide exceptional service to all customers using Rivian Guiding Principles
- Degree or team leadership experience in a fast-paced environment is preferred
- Ability to work independently ordering, receiving, distributing, and auditing parts, making recommendations to internal and external clients, addressing customer objections
- Ability to prepare and disseminate effectively organized and coherent business communication while practicing established business norms.
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Exhibits patience, empathy, attention to detail, and a passion for problem-solving. Remains flexible and responsive to changing conditions
- Great attitude with a high-energy personality, excellent customer service skills, and able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Basic mathematic skills to prepare and transact estimates and payments
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting for 8 or more hours in a day, standing for up to two hours at a time for 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 85 lbs).
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Strong understanding of written and spoken English
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 40 hours a week, including weekends and holidays, according to business need. Shifts may include evening, overnight, or early morning hours
- HS Diploma or GED preferred
- 3 – 4 years of Customer Facing Service, material handling / inventory management or equivalent, Experience in a Fast-Paced Environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.