Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Sr. Regional Parts Specialist will be responsible for regional service parts strategy and overdelivering on the customer experience at our service locations. This role will require establishment of high standards of performance and operational excellence to support Service centers in the regional territory. Areas requiring direct oversight by this role will include training to the local teams, parts escalation resolutions, process improvement plans, risk management and mitigation. This role is field-based and will require travel throughout the region. The ideal candidate will have proven success in managing high performing teams across a regional or national footprint.
This role will require a dynamic and resourceful leader with excellent communications skills, who will foster cross functional interaction and champion a culture of continuous improvement across the organization. Demonstrated mentorship to parts advisors in the region for day-to-day management of high performing, high profile service centers in a dynamic environment will be required. This role will require extensive traveling, operational excellence, creative and data-driven problem solving. This role will also serve as the liaison between regional service centers and HQ based teams for the purpose of training, process standardization, continuous improvement, and escalations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support a high-impact team of customer-facing professionals (technicians, service advisors, detailers, and parts advisors)
- Mentor and support local operations on the ground with a hands-on mindset
- Development, implementation, and training of all processes and procedures pre and post service center launch
- Support and drive quality and improvement in the region to deliver on all key performance indicators related to inventory counts, parts ordering, and systems tracking
- Manage complex field challenges and collaborate with local teams, factory, and PDC
- Ability to lead projects and work closely with the program management team
- Collaborate and partner with cross functional teams regularly to implement, execute, support, and continuously improve field service operations organizational goals
- Ability to prepare and lead the setup of launching a parts department including but not limited to layout and design planning, installation and planning of tooling, equipment, and consumables, plus training of all new team members
- Execute parts post launch strategy for new service locations in region
- Conducting Audits of region service center footprint, including but not limited to, reporting and documentation of audit results, identifying issues (root cause analysis), corrective actions, and follow up with regional and local management
- Build process improvement plans for parts and continuous improvement efforts across the service organization
- Conduct daily reporting on parts needed at service centers & escalation resolution
- Ability to mentor, lead, coach, and develop part advisors across the region
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3+ years Customer Facing Service, material handling / inventory management, parts Manager or equivalent experience in a Fast-Paced Environment
- HS Diploma or GED
- Automotive experience preferred
- Experience supporting and leading a team in a fast-paced automotive, high tech or similar environment preferred
- Project/Program management skills preferred
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively to customers or employees of the organization in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Experience managing multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
- Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 75% both within and occasionally outside of your region
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong bias for action
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 virus (proof required)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.