Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Material Handling Analysts constantly assess Rivian part inventory and manage the supply chain from our warehouses to line side. Supply chain savvy with a detailed understanding of material flow and inventory control, you will have necessary skills to seek out material shortage risks, bottle necks in supply, operational clashes in priorities and shall be able to mitigate through collaboration and escalation with the broader supply chain team. This position is onsite in Irvine, CA and reports to the NPI Material Handling Manager.
- Manages material flow and inventory control.
- Assists with vehicle build schedule, or engineering changes
- Monitors internal pull systems to ensure proper lineside supply
- Responds to and resolves floor problems in the assigned floor area (Min/Max conditions, standard pack discrepancies, packaging compliance coordination with the supplier, labeling, misuse, and other discrepancies
- Coordinates the disposal or return of replaced parts
- Supports material flow for new product requirements.
- Follows up new parts until first receipt
- Generates all parts lists for special build, pilots, and 1st run options
- Coordinates the replacement orders for miss-builds and scrap units
- Maintain and monitor the Vehicle Identification Number procedure
- Administers the Internal Control Review Process & audits
- Maintains Build Sequence rules (ex: spacing, batch painting, option leveling to improve assembly productivity)
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP
- College degree or “3” years equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Experience working with PLM systems and their interface with MRP preferred.
- Experience working with Manufacturing Execution Systems “MES” preferred.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
- Ability to create and present detailed and summary reports.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.