Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Coordinate all occupant safety related activities for frontal impact and side impact for both regulatory compliance and consumer information tests
- Analyze and optimize occupant safety performance with the goal of meeting all Rivian occupant safety targets
- Manage and coordinate the CAE systems model build with the team of occupant modeling engineers
- Lay out test plans for both component and full system level testing
- Interact with interior component suppliers to ensure that their components support Rivian’s safety targets
- Ensure that interior component suppliers provide correlated CAE models for their components
- Develop counter measures for compliance with all relevant FMVSS and UN-ECE regulations
- Ensure that the occupant CAE models are always correlated to the highest level
- Work closely with Rivian’s safety testing lead to ensure that all testing activity is in line with the program milestones
- Work closely with Rivian’s safety testing lead for the fabrication of test fixtures and sled bucks
- Work closely with Rivian’s vehicle body crashworthiness group to ensure the structural performance is supporting Rivian’s occupant safety targets
- Work closely with Rivian’s crash sensing system lead to ensure the deployment logic for the restraints support Rivian’s occupant safety targets
- Engage directly with Rivian’s Studio Engineering team to ensure that design decisions are being approved by vehicle safety
- MS in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering required
- 8 years of experience with passive safety system integration for both frontal and side impact
- A strong understanding of airbags and seat belts and the parameters available to tune the system
- A strong understanding of the global safety regulations (FMVSS & UN-ECE)
- A proven track record of 5-Star US-NCAP launches
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.