Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
*** This is more than likely going to be a Split Shift with days & Nights. Or a Night shift manager***
- Promote a safe atmosphere by ensuring all safety standards and guidelines are met and lead by example
- Implement all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance
- Develop in-house systems and procedures to meet the needs of external customers
- Respond to quality issues by putting in containment actions, full analysis, poka-yokes (error proofing), and implementing short-term and long-term countermeasures
- Update quality documentation and communicate to carry forward lessons learned from quality concerns in new customer contracts
- Ensure that plant schedule for vehicle builds is fulfilled by operation deliverables
- Introduce new systems and procedures where appropriate
- Undertake internal and process audits of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Direct reports are: Group Leaders Team Leaders and production workers
- Establish and refine quality sign-off instructions, standards and documentation
- Report against agreed quality metrics People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Environment.
- In conjunction with the Supplier Quality Assurance function, reduce the effect of non-conforming supplier materials on the production area quality
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
- Help set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Ensure KPIs are met
- Financial and Budget Control
- Input and hold responsibility for team budgets
- Responsible for achieving budget and forecast
- Responsible for the tracking and management of provided overtime budgets and efficiency percentages for the department.
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Support encourage and develop team
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles
- Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
- Embraces personal challenge
- Confident, rounded thinking
- Takes ownership for team cohesion
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to change
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
- Focused, target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelors/Masters in Material/Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, or similar technical field
- Significant experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Cross-functional operations in a manufacturing setting
- 5+ years in a leadership, project or program management role.
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- Creative problem-solving skills
- 5+ years manufacturing/engineering experience in a high-volume manufacturing operation, preferably automotive
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment
- Strong verbal & written communication. Ability to distill complex information to different levels of the organization.
- Execution: demonstrate that follow through is given as much attention as problem solving
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Battery
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.